Complex Commercial Litigation
Approaching Your Problems As if They Were Our Own
When faced with a dispute, a business must react promptly and proficiently — or risk lost profits, a damaged reputation, or worse, loss of the company. Our attorneys understand the importance of shrewdly positioning these matters early on. And we have a track record of attaining successful resolutions. That's why, when faced with a highly publicized lawsuit by an affiliate, Comcast and its subsidiary NBCUniversal called on Mintz.Share Awards
Practice ranked in New York and Massachusetts for Litigation: General Commercial (2018-2023)
Multiple Attorneys Recognized for Litigation: General Commercial (2023)
Best Law Firms USA
Practice Ranked National Tier 1, Regional Tier 1 in Boston, New York, and San Diego, and Regional Tier 2 in San Francisco, Commercial Litigation, "Best Law Firms" (2023)
51 attorneys named Super Lawyers (2020)
Massachusetts practice ranked as Highly Recommended by Benchmark Litigation (2023)
Practice ranked Tier 2 by Benchmark Litigation and 17 attorneys recognized (2023)
Litigation isn't your business. It is ours. We approach your problems with an aggressive drive and strong sense of doing what's best for you. We work with you to understand the nature of the dispute, determine the right position for your company, and create the best strategy — whether that involves an early resolution or going to trial.
We're known for our ability to take tough cases to trial and win. Breach of contract complaint? Partnership or joint venture dispute? Business tort claim? We excel in high-stakes litigation because we've been there before. Our attorneys partner across disciplines to advise on key legal and industry matters that can impact your resolution. Our ultimate goal is to meet your business objectives.
Having appeared in trial and appellate courts and arbitration proceedings in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and multiple international arbitration forums, our attorneys have the acumen and experience to handle your dispute in any federal or state jurisdiction.
More than 150 litigators on the East and West Coasts
- Dedicated team focused exclusively on e-discovery and large data management
- Helped 40+ companies draft and implement concise, user-friendly protocols
- Ability to harvest, code, store, and control large litigation datasets
- Ability to negotiate true “best-price” agreements with national and local vendors
- Deep understanding of IT infrastructure: e-mail systems, structured and unstructured data repositories, billing systems, other IT resources
- Knowledge of HIPAA and state equivalents, privacy regulations, international data transfer limitations
- Experience leading document reviews involving 2 billion+ docs for clients in various industries
- We recognize — now more than ever — that our clients are focused on reducing and managing legal expenses, and that is sustaining our commitment to alternative fee arrangements (AFAs) and value pricing
- Each year, we engage in a formal client service feedback program so that we can learn directly from our clients what we’re doing well, where we can improve, and how we can better anticipate their needs when it comes to legal expenses
- Regardless of the arrangement, we seek to ensure that our fee structure is aligned with the results achieved for our clients
- We aim to be creative, flexible, and solutions-oriented
What Our Clients Are Saying
ClientChambers USA (2021)
ClientBTI Client Satisfaction Interview
Our attorneys excel at high-stakes litigation. We're known for our ability to take tough cases to trial and win.