Data Centers & Communications Real Estate
Not Your Ordinary Real Estate Transaction
Whether you are interested in the development, leasing, financing, or sale of a data center or colocation facility, it is no ordinary real estate transaction. These facilities have exacting requirements that can make siting their operations and negotiating associated real estate and information technology transactions difficult. Mintz’s team has a 25-year track record of advocating for clients in the real estate communications industry. We've been active in this sector since the industry's birth.Share
Years of experience in telecom real estate
Our attorneys have completed hundreds of data center and colocation facility transactions — on both the landlord and tenant sides — throughout the United States and abroad. We have also handled acquisitions, development, sales, and financing of data center, colocation, and other telecommunications properties. These transactions have included several of the largest data center / carrier hotel leases in the United States.
Our team brings an exceptional understanding of data center and colocation facilities and technology to every transaction. We can speak directly with the parties' IT and engineering professionals — allowing us to understand and implement their requirements in a manner that works for you. We will negotiate a lease or colocation agreement and a service-level agreement that protects your interests.
- Development, leasing, financing, and sale of data center, communications switch, carrier hotel, and colocation facilities for both property owners and tenants
- Negotiation of colocation master service and service-level agreements
- Fiber-optic agreements, including indefeasible rights of use, easements, leases, and building access agreements
- Real estate investment management firms
- Data center owners and other tenants
- Property owners and landlords
- Radio and TV stations
- Telecommunications companies, including service providers and fiber-optic network companies
- Financial services and brokerage institutions
Our attorneys have completed hundreds of data center and colocation facility transactions — on both the landlord and tenant sides — throughout the United States and internationally.