- Manage development of portfolio consisting of a complex range of hundreds of US and foreign patent applications related to herbicide-resistant crops for a global chemical manufacturer.
- Represent a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders, and cancer. Working with the company since its IPO, the firm writes, files and prosecutes patents for the company, and recently managed the diligence process in a significant deal with a global strategic partner which resulted in a significant investment.
- Serve as lead patent counsel for the electronic chemicals division of global company which manufactures electronic chemicals that are used in the production of semi-conductors and other electronics. The portfolio the team has developed (and continues to develop) includes thousands of patents and applications, including all U.S. and international filings for hundreds of patent families.
- Representing Fair Isaac/FICO, the largest financial data and credit score analytics company, in IP matters, including patents, administrative appeals and strategy in securing innovative approaches to determining financial relationships, credit scoring, advanced fraud detection and reporting, using self-correcting artificial intelligence systems and machine-learning models
- Represent one of the top medical schools and universities in the United States. Assist in the preparation, filing, and prosecution of patent applications directed to cancer therapy, tissue regeneration, and neurological disorders such as the use of a compound derived from an herb used in ancient Chinese medicine to treat seizure disorders.
- Represent as lead patent counsel one of the most recognized players in the premium brands mobile phone encasement markets. Following threat from one of its largest competitors the Mintz team rapidly built a patent portfolio for products which would strengthen our client's strategic position. The allowance, and later issuance, of these patents was achieved through close and extensive interaction with the USPTO and its examiners. Those issued patents and strategically written claims positioned the client to successfully counter-sue.
Mintz handled patent prosecution for Wayne Fueling Systems when GE Oil & Gas owned the fuel-product manufacturer. After private equity firm Riverstone Holdings bought Wayne Fueling, Mintz helped its client develop policies for identifying innovations and managing its patent portfolio.
Mintz annually handles hundreds of patents for Hyundai/Kia, which uses Mintz as one of its key US patent counsel. Patent analyst and investment organization Ocean Tomo ranked Mintz's practice among the top 20 US firms for patent quality, based in part on Mintz's work for Hyundai/Kia.