Caitie’s practice encompasses all areas of commercial and business litigation with a particular focus on health care enforcement and defense and complex tort and product liability litigation. She regularly advises clients in all stages of litigation including appeals, and is well versed in complex e-discovery frequently handling large data matters for litigation, internal investigations, and government inquiries.
Caitie’s practice focuses on representing pharmaceutical and biotech companies in national product liability cases, and defending companies against alleged violations of the False Claims Act (FCA) and the Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS), whether those allegations are brought by the government or a relator. In addition to advising clients involved in litigation, her practice includes conducting internal investigations and responding to government inquiries and investigative demands.
She also works with clients to navigate regulatory permitting and application processes. She has extensive experience representing clients in administrative agency appeals and in subsequent appeals of agency decisions in state court. Caitie regularly works with clients to draft pre- and post- hearing briefs as well as prepare and defend company personnel and expert witnesses during the appeal process.
Caitie also works with clients in the construction space representing contractors, owners, developers, and authorities in the public and private sectors involving a range of construction-related issues including contract drafting, job problems, terminations, and delay claims.
Caitie also maintains an active pro bono practice, representing individuals in civil rights, housing, and immigration matters, including asylum seekers. She has also represented victims of domestic violence through Mintz’s Domestic Violence Project. Most recently, she worked on a pro bono appeal on behalf of the Wildlands Trust, a non-profit land conservation organization.
During law school she was a student representative for the Clinic for Asylum, Refugee, and Emigrant Services and served as a law clerk extern for the Honorable Joel H. Slomsky in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Villanova University (JD)
- London School of Economics & Political Science (MS, Sociology)
- University of Michigan (BA, Near Eastern Studies & Political Science )
- Defended numerous clients, including laboratories, health plans, and Medicare Advantage plans, in government FCA investigations and FCA litigation in jurisdictions around the country.
- Helped to secure dismissal on behalf of a former Saudi intelligence official in a case brought by the kingdom’s sovereign wealth fund and its subsidiaries, alleging our client embezzled billions of dollars.
- Defended numerous clients in government investigations resulting from qui tam FCA complaints, and in FCA litigations, in jurisdictions around the country.
- Part of the team that obtained summary judgment in ten out of ten related cases against our clients, a publicly traded biotechnology company and a pharmaceutical company, in multi-jurisdictional product liability disputes involving an FDA-approved drug.
- Won a complete dismissal with prejudice of a $3 billion RICO case filed against our client, Wynn Resorts in the District of Massachusetts. The case was brought by Sterling Suffolk Racecourse as part of an ongoing legal battle with Wynn over competing casino projects in the greater Boston area. The matter involved a collection of salacious allegations cutting across multiple jurisdictions, but our team was ultimately successful in arguing that Suffolk had failed to prove a pattern of racketeering activity, a necessity in a RICO case.
- Representing energy company in administrative appeals of wetlands and Chapter 91 waterways permitting for natural gas infrastructure.
- Successfully defended energy company against administrative appeals of an Air Quality Plan Approval for natural gas infrastructure.
- Part of the team representing gaming company Wynn MA LLC surrounding community arbitrations against Somerville and Chelsea.
- Represented the general contractor on major hospital renovation project against bankrupt millwork subcontractor’s performance bond surety in a 9-day arbitration for delay and impact damages.
Recognition & Awards
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly: Up & Coming Lawyer Honoree (2022)
- Best Lawyers in America "Ones to Watch": Product Liability Litigation - Defendants (2021-2023), Litigation - Construction (2023)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star - Business Litigation (2021)
- Member, Women's Leadership Program, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce (2019-2020)