- On behalf of Volcano Corporation, defeated 27 trade secret misappropriation claims relating to medical technology, following a two-week trial and related hearings: LightLab Imaging, Inc. v. Axsun Technologies, Inc. and Volcano Corporation (Mass. Business Law Session Court).
- On behalf of Teleflex Inc., defeated a $30 million punitive damages claim, following a four-week jury trial.
- On behalf of Shari Redstone and Robert Steele, obtained dismissal of all breach of fiduciary duty claims against them, in their capacities as directors of Midway Games: In re: Midway Games, Inc. (U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Delaware).
- On behalf of Shari Redstone obtained settlement of Phillippe Dauman and George S. Abrams, As Trustees of the Sumner M. Redstone National Amusements Trust v. Sumner M. Redstone, et al. (Norfolk Probate Court Civil Action No. 16E0020QC) and In Re Viacom Inc. Section 225 Litigation Consolidated C.A. No. 12472-CB (Court of Chancery, Delaware).
- On behalf of William I. Koch defeated a multi-million “palimony” type claim by former girlfriend, following a jury trial.
- On behalf of Volcano Corporation, defeated $220 million lost profits damages claim, after trial: LightLab Imaging, Inc. v. Axsun Technologies, Inc. and Volcano Corporation (Mass. Business Law Session Court).
Mintz represents an American thoroughbred horse racing facility on insurance and risk management issues related to its racing, poker, golf, and dining offerings. Mintz also advised the client on insurance and regulatory issues related to its acquisition of another racing facility.
Mintz achieved a legal victory for longtime client Shari Redstone in a contentious legal battle concerning media company Viacom, Inc.’s board and corporate governance. The global settlement dismissed all suits against Ms. Redstone and her father Sumner and altered the Viacom board.