Melanie provides pragmatic and experienced counsel to public and private companies in a broad range of matters, including initial public offerings and other capital market transactions, fallen angel reverse mergers, corporate governance, public company reporting, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactional matters.
She regularly represents issuers and financing sources in the medical devices, life sciences and healthcare services industries.
Before joining Mintz, Melanie worked as a health care and science division legal associate for Thomson Reuters. In this position, she collaborated directly with data engineers and technology specialists in the design and implementation of solutions in response to the legislative and regulatory changes implemented by the Obama administration regarding health information exchanges, electronic medical records, and healthcare provider reporting and quality measures.
- Represented life sciences companies in initial public offerings
- Represented Evofem Biosciences, Inc. in its reverse merger with Neothetics, Inc.
- Represented Mateon Therapeutics, Inc. in its reverse merger with Oncotelic, Inc.
- Represented Dare Bioscience, Inc. in its reverse merger with Cerulean Pharma Inc.
- Represented MabVax Therapeutics, Inc. in its reverse merger with Telik, Inc.
- Represented software company in merger transaction with public company
- Represented medical device company in cross border asset acquisition transaction with a Fortune 500 company
- Represented medical device company in merger with Fortune 500 company
- Represented medical software company in sale to large public software company
- Represented professional services company in acquisition by private equity fund
- Represented real estate finance company in merger with private company
- Represented financial technology software company in multiple rounds of venture backed private placements
- Represented medical device company in multiple venture backed private placements
- Assisted numerous public life sciences companies in private and public follow on offerings
- Represented venture fund in transactions with private battery and technology companies
- Represented private semi-conductor company in multiple venture backed and private placement funding rounds
November 29, 2022 | Podcast | By Thomas R. Burton, III, Melanie Ruthrauff Levy, Stephen Osborn
November 16, 2022 | Podcast | By Melanie Ruthrauff Levy, Stephen Osborn, Jennifer Rubin
September 28, 2022 | Podcast | By Thomas Burton, Melanie Ruthrauff Levy, Stephen Osborn
September 21, 2022 | Podcast | By Thomas Burton, Melanie Ruthrauff Levy, Stephen Osborn
September 14, 2022 | Podcast | By Thomas Burton, Melanie Ruthrauff Levy, Stephen Osborn
September 7, 2022 | Podcast | By Thomas Burton, Melanie Ruthrauff Levy, Stephen Osborn
April 12, 2022 | Alert | By Kevin M. Yao, Melanie Ruthrauff Levy
January 18, 2022 | Advisory | By Megan Gates, John Condon, Anne Bruno, Melanie Ruthrauff Levy, Daniel T. Kajunski, Cynthia Larose, Breton Leone-Quick, Page R. Hubben
Two Recent SEC No Action Letters Establish Standards for Crowdsourcing Online Platforms Limited to "Accredited Investors" to Avoid Registration as a Broker-Dealer
April 3, 2018 | Alert | By Daniel DeWolf, Jeremy Glaser, Steve Ganis, Melanie Ruthrauff Levy
News & Press
Mintz Represents Bio-Medical Devices, Inc. in Sale of SteriShield Manufacturing Operations to Stryker Corporation
September 19, 2016
September 15, 2016
Recognition & Awards
- Best Lawyers of America Ones to Watch - Corporate Law (2021 - 2023)
- State Bar of California Wiley W. Manuel Award, Pro Bono Legal Services
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program Distinguished Service Award
- Order of the Coif