Tara is Chair of the firm's Technology, Communications & Media (TechComm) Section. In her over 25 years in private practice, she has developed extensive experience representing cable, broadband, and content providers, with a particular focus on the intersection of legislation and regulatory policy. Tara draws on extensive experience with legislative, transactional, and regulatory matters to counsel clients, including on transfer of control issues in the purchase and sale of systems, on ownership and approval issues in communications transactions, and in disputes and enforcement proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission and the courts. And she is highly versed in significant communications regulatory issues, including broadband funding programs, accessibility, and broadcaster and program carriage issues.
- Duke University (JD, with high honors)
- Cornell University (BA, Government and Modern European Studies)
Cable & Telecom Transactions
- Represented TPG Capital in its $1.8 billion acquisition of a 30% interest in DIRECTV.
- Represented TPG Global in its $2.365 billion acquisition of Wave Broadband.
- Represented TPG Global in its $2.25 billion acquisition of RCN Telecom Services, LLC and Grande Communications Networks, LLC.
- Defending several clients in Enforcement Bureau proceedings related to compliance with accessibility laws.
Recognition & Awards
- Recommended by the Legal 500 United States for Telecom & Broadcast: Regulatory (2016 - 2022)
- Best Lawyers in America: Communications Law (2019 – 2023)
- Co-chair, PLI’s annual New York City conference on Cable and Broadband Law (2010 - 2020)
- Law360 Telecommunications Editorial Advisory Board (2021)