Valerie is a litigator who represents individuals and companies engaged in complex commercial, intellectual property, product liability, securities, and class action litigation in a variety of industries. She has experience in all stages of litigation in California and federal courts, and her practice focuses on business disputes, consumer products liability, fraud, and trademark infringement. Valerie’s practice also includes labor and employment, public entity, premises liability, and personal injury matters.
Prior to joining Mintz, Valerie was an associate in the Business, Labor and Employment, and Class Action practice groups of a regional litigation law firm. Valerie also clerked for the Honorable Roger T. Benitez of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
During law school, Valerie served as an extern to the Honorable M. James Lorenz of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California and as a certified law student in USD School of Law’s Small Claims Clinic.
News & Press
Recognition & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America "Ones to Watch": Commercial Litigation (2024)
- Mentor, Business Law Society Lattes with Lawyers Program, USD School of Law (2018 – present)
- Mentor, Alumni Mentorship Program, USD School of Law (2021– 2022)
- Vice Chair, Seminar Planning Subcommittee, DRI Young Lawyers (2021 – 2022)
- Vice Chair, Diversity and Inclusion Subcommittee, DRI Young Lawyers (2020 – 2021)
- Vice Chair, Women in the Law Subcommittee, DRI Young Lawyers (2019 – 2020)
- Associate, Hon. J. Clifford Wallace Chapter, American Inns of Court (2017 – 2019)