Projects & Infrastructure
A Holistic Approach To A Complex Enterprise
Development isn’t linear or predictable. What differentiates a financeable project? Ensuring that the tools and teams are in place – and having the capacity to handle the details and detours – while managing the big picture down to the smallest detail. We take a pragmatic, disciplined approach.
Our Projects & Infrastructure team has decades of experience navigating the complexities of projects across the globe. We help clients accelerate the development of new energy and sustainable infrastructure projects as well as advance innovative business models in the industry.
|Energy & Sustainability||Public-Private Partnerships (P3s)|
View the latest edition of International Project Finance Fundamentals, authored by Ayaz Shaikh.Share Awards
Practice blog recognized among the "Top 5 Energy Blogs in the Am Law 200"
Euromoney’s LMG Clean Technology & Renewable Energy
Listed among the “Top 10 Clean Technology Firms"
We invest in understanding your project and your company. We dive deep into the markets, the technology, the risks, and the stakeholders to position you to achieve your goals. We will also help you organize, manage, and drive the process to stay on schedule and within budget. Throughout, we prioritize and monitor each step – to maximize our team’s efficiency, to provide added value, and to focus on the issues that matter.
Our advantage is bringing experience in project development, complex financings, and emerging energy technologies. Uniquely positioned to bring pioneering projects to market, we are recognized for our innovation and sophistication.
Leveraging our experience, we work with clients from project concept, through structuring, development and financing to:
- Accurately evaluate the soundness and viability of projects
- Identify, quantify and appropriately allocate project risks among stakeholders to incentivize cooperation and optimize outcomes among stakeholders
- Weave together the technical, commercial, contractual, regulatory, tax, permitting and legal elements necessary for project fruition
- Navigate both anticipated and unforeseen hurdles to achieve a successful financial closing
- Government ministries
- Strategic Investors
- Energy and infrastructure Funds
- Other private equity investors
- Hedge providers
- Service providers
- Retail Electricity Suppliers
- EPC Contractors, Off-takers, and End-users
- Trading Companies
- Other project participants
- Wind (Offshore/Onshore)
- Energy Storage (fuel cells/batteries)
- EV Infrastructure
- Waste-to-energy/Waste Diversion
- Renewable Natural Gas
- Water and Water Treatment
- Wastewater Treatment Facilities
- Aluminum Smelters and Coke Batteries
- Mining and Minerals
- Upstream and Midstream
- Conventional Power
- Refineries and Petrochemicals
- Offshore Platforms
- Pulp & Paper
- Steel and other industrial facilities
- Ports and Airports
- Roads, Tunnels and Bridges
- Telecom & Satellites
- Bid Submission & Support
- Early Stage Development
- Ownership, Consortia & JV Arrangements
- Concession & Other Host Country Agreements
- Acquisition Agreements
- Full Range of Project Contracts
- Project Construction and Operations
- CFIUS & FCPA
- Marketing and Hedging Arrangements
- Debt Financing of All Types
- Tax Equity Financing
- Project M&A (Single Asset and Portfolios)
- Real Estate and Land Use
- Regulatory and Permitting
- Restructurings & Bankruptcies
- Disputes, Arbitration and Litigation
Our goal is to ensure that the energy projects our clients develop, construct, buy, and sell are viable and financeable, and that they are transacted smoothly and efficiently. Good process drives success, and our track record speaks for itself.
Our Projects & Infrastructure practice weaves together two other practices critical to the growth of cutting-edge energy and infrastructure.
- Our Energy & Sustainability Practice: Built for this Moment. At the frontlines of the energy and sustainability revolution since the start, our team was built for this moment - to advance innovation, transform infrastructure, and scale solutions integral to business success and a thriving planet.
- Our Public-Private Partnerships (P3) Practice: Our unique interdisciplinary team includes Projects, Public Finance, Real Estate and Public Policy professionals – all of the key components required for an integrated P3 practice ideally positioned to address the growing focus on U.S. infrastructure.