Compliant Contracting in California: An AB 5 Primer [Event to be rescheduled]
Date: March 24, 2020
Time: 12:00PM - 1:00PM
In light of current events and the need to focus on other pressing issues, Mintz is postponing its webinar Compliant Contracting in California: An AB 5 Primer – previously scheduled for Tuesday, March 24. We will reschedule the webinar for a future date.
AB 5, which became effective on January 1, 2020, impacts all businesses that contract with individuals who perform services in California. The law now presumes that every California worker is an employee unless the hiring entity establishes that the worker meets the three criteria of the so-called “ABC” test or the worker satisfies one of the law’s exemptions.
Every business hiring service providers in California should assess the status of existing contractors.
Topics will include:
- Pre AB 5 independent contracting in California: what survived and what didn’t?
- How did AB 5 change the legal landscape?
- What does your business need to do to comply with AB 5?
- How to comply with AB 5: commonly asked questions and industry-specific problems
- Legal challenges and what we anticipate will happen next