Nada’s practice encompasses all aspects of complex commercial litigation and counseling, including contract-related disputes, labor and employment issues, real estate disputes, unfair competition and misappropriation of trade secrets, trademark and copyright cases, insurance coverage, and finance-related matters.
Nada has extensive experience representing clients in all stages of state and federal commercial litigation, as well as with alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration. She manages disputes from inception through appeal and specializes in complex commercial problem solving and risk assessment and mitigation with a focus on achieving effective and efficient resolutions to complex legal and business problems.
She has successfully defended clients in consumer class action lawsuits alleging violations under the California Unfair Competition Law (Business & Professions Code § 17200), deceptive, false, and misleading advertising laws (such as California Business & Professions Code § 17500), the Consumer Legal Remedies Act (California Civil Code § 1750 et seq.), which provides a remedy for unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive acts in the sale of goods to a consumer, and Proposition 65 (California Health & Safety Code § 25249.6 et seq.).
Nada also handles employment litigation cases before state and federal courts, including cases involving claims for violations of wage and hour laws, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, breach of contract, trade secret protection, and enforcement of noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements.
Before joining Mintz, Nada was associated with another prominent Los Angeles law firm where she was involved with complex litigation in state and federal court.
- University of California - Los Angeles (JD)
- University of California - Los Angeles (BA)
- Obtained dismissal of a class action claim premised on alleged violations of Cal. Penal Code Section 632.7, which criminalizes the recording of certain telephone calls on behalf of a global retailer of footwear and accessories.
- Successfully represented MMA fighter Rampage Jackson in a lawsuit with his former manager.
- Represented a marketing agency in a case concerning breach of contract and unfair business practice claims in the food industry. The California Court of Appeal ruled in favor of our client in upholding the trial court’s refusal to compel arbitration.
- Represented a national prescription benefit management company in a case where The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit affirmed the district court’s summary judgment in favor of our client.